Thursday, September 6, 2007

the woman

Couldn't you just stare at that body for hours?

When her authoritative figure isn't commanding your eyes, I suggest you pick up the latest issue of Interview magazine. Monica Bellucci and Tim Blanks engage in idle chit chat peppered with great gobs of intelligence and perspective from one of the rare and truly international beacons of sex and celluloid luminescence.

An excerpt:
Tim Blanks: I'm curious as to why you once said that being an actress is a sublimation of femininity.
Monica Bellucci: I think it's easier to be an actress than an actor. I think that acting goes with femininity in some ways. Women are natural actresses. As Richard Burton once said, "An actor is something less than a man, while an actress is something more of a woman."
TB: I actually think men tend to be so narcissistic that acting comes quite naturally to them, whereas women are much more who they are. I think men perform and women are.
MB: That's why it's natural for a woman to become an actress. If she just pushes a bit, she's there. (laughs)

She's Italian, she quotes Richard Burton, and she's got that body. Now that's what I call a real woman.

No comments: