Friday, February 1, 2008

second look: jumper


"Jumper"
dir., Doug Liman
Feb. 14, 2008

I saw this trailer months ago and resisted the urge of being remotely interested. I can resist no more and why should I? Doug Liman's last two films, "The Bourne Identity" and "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" were two very smart, very entertaining popcorn movies that I thought were completely enjoyable and to some degree fresh and fun. The only cast member that bugs me is Rachel Bilson. I found her to be dull as stick of gum in Tony Goldwyn's "The Last Kiss" and she looks like bland set dressing again in this movie. However, with all of my gorging on Oscar movies it would be nice to see a big piece of studio fromage.

1 comment:

Amber said...

plus, it has freakin' jamie bell in it. though i dunno. i think i'll opt to see "definitely, maybe."