Wednesday, June 13, 2007

i think she knows

Ok, Justin. I have to confess that I hold you in a high sartorial regard. Icon is a strong word, but it does rear its head when I think of your impressive and envious style. I steal from you left and right. Your stylist Joe Zee is quite arguably the greatest things that ever happened to you. Remember those denim suits and other ridiculous getups you used to wear? Yeah, I do too. Zee now outfits you in the most sharply tailored suits and natty vests. However, I will not forgive the girls-basketball-coachesque shiny jackets you have been sporting during your European "Shrek" promotional tour. No, no, and more no.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

photos courtesy of popsugar and justjared

You get it right all the time, so I will let it pass because you show up in Madrid and you restore my faith in your youthful, sporty, lean style. You also get kudos for looking like you and Cammy are mature adults who can make a public appearance after your breakup and eventual hookups with Jessica Biel and that creepy guy who does magic.


Oh, and you could give Antonio Joe's phone number? Thanks.

And while we're at, I like the new video for "Lovestoned/I Think She Knows", which in my humble opinion is one of the most underrated tracks on "Futuresex/Lovesounds", and it's a shame that it's the official UK single and us Americans have to take "Summer Love" without a video. I don't love it, but it's something different from the indulgent mistakes the last three videos have been. I understand "Cry Me a River" was the last truly great music video of our generation, but that doesn't mean you can slow up on the creative genius. Look at Madonna. You would think she's yesterday's news but then she shows up in a video with a body like a 20-year-old and dry humps a stereo. Genius.

"Lovestoned/I Think She Knows"
Justin Timberlake
dir., Robert Hales
2007

No comments: