Tuesday, April 14, 2009

you're fucking out, i'm fucking in


I was sick all weekend and I'm still trying to break my cough and congestion, but one good thing about laying around the apartment all weekend is that I got to watch A LOT of TV. I watched the entire first season of "Eastbound and Down" starring Danny McBride. He made my sides hurt he was so funny in "Pineapple Express" and "Tropic Thunder", but this show elevates his comedic strengths to new heights. As Kenny Powers, the down on his luck ex-baseball player living with his brother and trying his best at being a middle school P.E. teacher, McBride brings joy to watching someone so painfully awkward and pathetic. Exploiting the maladroit man-child is almost everywhere you look in film comedies, but it's not quite this vulgar and plain funny on TV. Laughing at the sad man on the small tube hasn't never felt so good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If this show ended at episode six, I would easily call it the best series ever created.

But word is it got picked up for a second season set to air in 2010.

I'm ok with that too.

Brandon Colvin said...

This is maybe my favorite episode of any show ever.