Thursday, April 30, 2009

the band


Roxy Music
"Do the Strand"
1973

I was an hour late to a "Lost" viewing party because of the damned MTA, but I was treated to a DVD collection of live performances by Roxy Music to sooth my weary soul. Aside from the amazing performance and the incredible song, look at the clothes. It's as if everyone in the band decided to sartorially one up each other. Chest length double breasted lapels! Exposed chest hair! Sequins! Weird bulbous/spotted pants! Essentially, it all works and it's amazing. It's almost enough to make me forget how much the MTA sucks. Almost.

1 comment:

mograbs said...

Glad you enjoyed the Roxy & T Rex. I was feeling for you with the MTA absurdity. At least you got some wine and s'mac to cool off wid. Sometimes you just wanna go all "Observe & Report" on the MTA....