Friday, December 5, 2008

downtown, x-mas style

Have you ever read those features in fashion magazines about "downtown" dressing versus "uptown" dressing. Yeah, I now know what that means because it's exactly how this city dresses. I work and mainly roam downtown Manhattan and I love the mix of casual cool with urban sophistication. It's young, it's a mix between high and low, and it's always executing in those singular way you can imagine. I almost stopped a guy I saw the other day outside of my work who was wearing the perfect pair of slim jeans and the perfect plaid scarf, but that could have turned awkward. I don't know if I dress downtown enough, but if I did it would look something like this:

Rick Owens, Leather Motorcycle Jacket
$2,078
Forever 21, Gingham Long Scarf
$9.90
Lark & Wolff by Steven Alan, Wallace Shirt
$68
J. Crew, Wool Herringbone Cambridge Tie
$79.50
BDG, Dark Raw Skinny Jean
$49.00
Common Projects, Black Patent Achilles Lowtop
$330


Wouldn't this be perfect to wear to a holiday function?

No comments: