Saturday, November 29, 2008

giada can no wrong

This was my first Thanksgiving away from my family. Don't fret readers, I spent it with a gaggle of friends, a roommate, and perfect strangers. Each guest at the dinner was asked to bring something. You can't count on me for a casserole, but I will provide a drink everyone will enjoy. Once again, I've stolen from the culinary resources of Giada DeLaurentiis. The cocktail I made was light and refreshing, seasonal, and was consumed rather quickly (I assume it was a hit). It's a twist on a Bellini, and will give spiked eggnog a run for its money throughout the holiday season (at least for me).

Cranberry Lime Bellini
1 Cup Cranberry Juice
1 Bottle of Champagne or Prosecco
1 Lime

In a large pitcher pour the cranberry juice and top with the champagne. Halve the lime and squeeze the juice into pitcher. Stir and garnish with a lime wheel or twist.

No comments: