Thursday, November 20, 2008

endorsement of the week: kiehl's lip balm

Kiehl's Lip Balm #1
$6.50

I first became introduced to the benevolent world of Kiehl's products via my reliable arbiter of taste and all things esoteric, my beyond talented friend Julie. She gave me their moisturizer as a Christmas gift one year because she too sympathizes with people who fight the constant battle of staying matte and clean when you're dealt oily or combination skin. I soon picked up the face wash and I haven't turned back. It's a shame guys aren't always hip to this kind of stuff because I swear by this as an essential in my life. When I was at Sundance earlier this year the temperature and elevation dried me out more than I expected, so who did I turn to solve another skin issue? Kiehl's, of course. Side note: My Sundance buddy, Stephanie, and I were treated to a random tale from the cute girl behind the counter at the Kiehl's store in Park City about how she sprayed Evian Moisturizing Mist on concert goers atop a moving party bus during some summer music festival. Stephanie and I like to joke that this girl was clearly having some sort of Girls Gone Wild Kind of moment. I'm positive she had to be wearing a bikini top and some top 40 rap jam had to be fueling such wildness. Anyway, I bought the Kiehl's lip balm and it's only $5 or $6, depending on where you get it and it's definitely a great investment. The New York City cold has already started to descend upon me and where would I be without my lip balm so that I don't get the awful Krispy Kreme lips*? It'd be a great stocking stuffer or a cheap gift for a friend.

*Krispy Kreme lips look like the first bite you've made into a KK Doughnut and the glaze immediately flakes up. Imagine those flakes on your lips. You know what I'm talking about.

1 comment:

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Lip balm and facewash are the only 2 items I use not from kiehls these days. I started with the shampoo and as I kept going back they kept giving me different samples. I'm just hooked! I can't do without my burt bees lipbalm though -i'm addicted!