Monday, August 27, 2007

young folks

I try to keep this blog as focused as possible but from time to time it does stray a little bit and tiny morsels about me are revealed along the way. I try not to be so intentionally elusive and mysterious, but I think pontificating about Bunuel or Hilary Rhoda's eyebrows is far more interesting than updates about my little life. However, I have been relatively absent for a while due to intense planning for what was an event beyond belief. I have officially lived in my new apartment for a little over a month and what better way to celebrate than by throwing a late night soiree? Friends, co-workers, and the assorted beautiful people made their way through my new place and noshed on everything from stuffed portabella mushrooms, sushi, fresh pico de gallo, brie, bruschetta, and of course, cupcakes. Naturally dancing ensued and I think a good time was had by all, but the party was a true success when two silly ideas were well executed. One: "La Dolce Vita", "Marie Antoinette", and "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" screening on mute as music (Daft Punk, Isaac Hayes, Serge Gainsbourg, and Prince just to name a few) played in the background, inspiring us to party a little harder along the way. Two: A lovely wall of lights framing the partygoers, bathing them in a sexy glow. Highlights:



Even though they're all a little blurry and off, that in a way perfectly describes the evening. I can't say it enough but I thank everyone who came and contributed to an evening of good food, good drinks, and good times. What more can you ask for?

No comments: