Monday, August 6, 2007

fill in the blank


I find it very interesting that in order to get to know Sofia Coppola we have to look to slightly and not so slightly esoteric French fashion magazines. A magazine, curated by designer Martine Sitbon, let's us in on the inspired and attractive mind of Ms. Coppola. French Vogue allowed us to see her DVD and CD collection among other things, but A gives a little more insight into the mind of one of America's strongest filmmakers. The slightly girlish handwriting, the brevity of the answers, and the remnants of a bourgeois upbringing are there almost as if one of her characters wrote it. Should we hate her or love her? I'm not sure and I don't care. I will say that I must get a t-shirt that says, "Fake it till you make it." She is somehow never short on perfectly articulating the seemingly shallow pool of youth culture and for that I must commend her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was that carted in by Vogue or does Sofia truly rock those muu muus on a regular basis?! If she does....WOW.