Thursday, August 16, 2007

coming home

I'm still mulling over how I felt about "The Bourne Ultimatum", but I will say it's exactly the brand of "pop pleasure" (so says Manohla Dargis) you want from a big studio summer blockbuster. A full rumination on the film will come soon, but I am still numb from the sight of one of the best fight scenes I've ever seen in a film. I won't reveal too much but it takes places in Tangier and a book is involved. I thought the fight scene from the previous film was exquisite enough, but the one in the new film between Jason Bourne and an operative sent to kill him makes you forget about the other one or any other fight scene for that matter. It's tense, no holds barred, and rapturous to watch. Go see it but until then remind yourself of that great fight scene from the last film:

No comments: