Sunday, July 8, 2007

my blueberry nights


I played a little bit of tennis in between shifts at work today and not only did I learn that I need to work on controlling my forehand, but something more vital became evident to me. Leg sweat is by far the most disgusting form of sweat on the body, particularly behind the knee sweat. I played in my hideous uniform of khaki pants and pique polo, which sounds like it wouldn't induce such copious amounts of perspiration but I was completely mistaken. I raised my moist pant leg to discover my drenched leg hairs pressed against my dewy calf. I was immediately disgusted with myself. Wiping off the unbelievable mess that was my body was simply not enough after my horrid discovery. After a shower and some much needed relaxation, I was awarded the treat that I needed to forget my sopping wet afternoon: frozen fresh blueberries and vanilla bean ice cream. It's my new summer indulgence aside from air conditioning and summer blockbusters. Blackberries had long been my berry of choice, but how can one resist the firm skin and burst of tangy flavor of a blueberry? Distinguished for its singular blue hue, the blueberry is also full of antioxidants and low in calories. Again, what's not to love? Next time you find yourself swimming in your own sweat, grab some vanilla ice cream and top it with some frozen blueberries and everything will seem less unbearable.

courtesy of maegabriel

No comments: