Monday, March 9, 2009

down home

How does one soothe one's soul while working a ton and thus neglecting ye old blog? Bourbon. I've resisted for a long time, but due to a New Years Resolution, I've been indulging as of late in the beverage that was born in my home state. Consensus: really damn good. I want to try as many as I can (That sounded like a lush thing to say, but there are several nuances to discover in varying bourbons, so why not try them all so I'm an informed drinker?), but for now I've settled on Bulleit. I drink it with ginger ale and a lime, I used it in some caramelized apples over ice cream on Oscar night, and I used it for a bacon wrapped chicken breast I made for dinner tonight. It has a vanilla flavor that I love, but it has a strong, smooth punch. Any recommendations of where to go from here?

1 comment:

Julie said...

I am no expert, but I have gone on the Bourbon trail. Pappy Van Winkle or Basil Hayden's should be next on your sampling list. But try a glass at da club before buying a bottle, because shit is expensive.