Sunday, March 8, 2009

women i love: the english rose in brooklyn

I was walking home last night from Trader Joe's and I passed Rebecca Hall on the street. Tall, caught in mid-laugh at a joke a friend must have told her, and unfussy, she looked stunning in a low key, but refined sort of way. Dressed in black dhoti pants, Doc Martin style boots, and a cropped leather jacket; in a word, she was breathtaking. I wanted to tell her how much I loved her in "Vicky Cristina Barcelona", but I decided to revel in the moment of seeing such a fine actress and beautiful woman in my little neighborhood on what was a gray, blah Saturday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so incredible. Probably my favorite performance in the movie. Though I have to say, I don't think i would have recognized her yet. She kind of just looks exactly like every other hot hipster brunette in the area. Not to take anything away from her, but seriously, there are some beautiful people in this city.

w. said...

Oh, no. She stood out. She stood out like whoa.