Monday, December 10, 2007

wanted: tie it on

I think of my style as being generally casual without being slovenly or forever clad in sweatpants and other loungewear, but lately I've wanted to throw on a tie for something a little rakish and unexpected. I wouldn't want to look too formal or ready for the office but a more casual sporty approach. I think owning a tie clip would be a definite impetus to own a solid tie collection that would look somewhat dapper without being stuffy or dull. Tie clips are insanely stylish and fit my ideal style period, the late 50s and early to mid 60s. Imagine: jeans, an untucked fitted shirt, and a tie-clip on my slim tie would be killer. Santa, please take notice:

Sterling silver tie clip, J. Crew $75


Ties to complete the look:
Brooks Brothers, Fields Tartan Tie $75
J. Crew, Solid Knit Skinny Tie $49.50
Band of Outsiders, Cashmere Bar Striped Tie $125

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't spend $75 bucks on a plain tie clip. Target has 2 perfectly simple styles for much cheaper.