Monday, April 14, 2008

song of the week: "cross the dancefloor"

Madonna this. Madonna that. To pause from the great debate about how much her new Timbaland produced sound tickles our fancy, I offer something closely akin to her last album:


"Cross the Dancefloor"
Treasure Fingers


"New York Story"
Lee Douglas


Is all of this disco referencing in recent dance music an answer to the sucked dried but oft-imitated pop-synth sound of '80s dance that has been so popular since the turn of the millennium?

Click here and here if you liked what you heard. P.S., Thanks to Maggie for turning me on to Treasure Fingers. That sounded kind of dirty, but she kinda liked it.

1 comment:

riz said...

I've only heard/seen the single w/JT, and I don't like it.
Maybe they just don't work as a combo, b/c I like them individually...