Sunday, January 17, 2010

turtle, turtle

Turtleneck, Uniqlo
$39.50

I wore a sweater every day last week to work. Yes, the bitter winter had me firmly in its clutches. Luckily, I found my the best weapon to ward off the cold--the turtleneck. Out of most necklines, it's one of the more deceptively tricky ones. If you're neck is too short, it can make you look stumpy, if you're neck is too skinny, it can make you head look huge, and if you're French, you look like a cliche. I've always loved them and wear them proudly. It's like wearing a scarf all day without being labeled that obnoxious person who refuses to remove their scarf in doors because they matched it to their twin set. Paired with a blazer, I feel especially like a bad ass. And when this guy doesn't look bad in one either, it's time for everybody to embrace the turtleneck.

2 comments:

Olivia said...

love turtlenecks - so chic.

Unknown said...

turtle necks are become known as the "Steve Jobs" look on the west coast. He doesn't even look good in them, but Apple is all about consistant branding of image and that's what they've done.

I don't wear them, but I do love my turtle neck sweater with the neck folded down once. Scarf is a good alternative in the winter, or windy days.