Wednesday, December 30, 2009

the new years dilemma

Robert Geller Tuxedo Shirt
Short Sleeve, $207
Long Sleeve, $235 (currently on sale at Odin for $69)

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I will refrain from repeating the story of how I got home for the holidays. Let's just say there were flight and train cancellations, public transportation workers with terrible attitudes, and tiny seats that don't allow for much comfort, but I made it back to Louisville and I couldn't have been more relieved when I could put my things down and fall into my queen size bed. In a fit of frustration and rage directed at Southwest Airlines for canceling my flight and not refunding my money, I decided to take a quick trip to Odin to pick up something for New Years before my rescheduled flight was to leave on Christmas Eve morning. The racks parted and there was a Robert Geller long sleeve tuxedo shirt on sale for $69. Not much thought had to go into the purchase. I saw the short sleeve version on Confederacy's website a couple of weeks ago (pictured above), but the long sleeve version will be better suited for the sub-freezing temperatures predicted for the big night. I've seen people in New York wear tux shirts casually with a pair of jeans or even shorts in the summer time, so I can hold on to this shirt for all occasions. Maybe wrecked travel plans aren't so bad.

No comments: