Friday, December 4, 2009

the jacket (pt. 286)

Shipley & Halmos
Belgrade Two Button Blazer, $395

The perfect movie. The perfect t-shirt. The perfect drink. The perfect weather. The perfect bacon cheeseberger. The perfect pair jeans. Will I ever be satisfied? Probably not, but the fun in searching for the perfect fill in the blank is the quest of trying each new candidate on for a size that will someday embody the title of perfect yada yada yada. In my eternal quest for the perfect black blazer (because yes, a black blazer is very different than a navy, gray, or khaki blazer and requires a different set of detective skills), I came across Shipley & Halmos's Belgrade Blazer from Fall 2009. Cotton twill, cut slim without drawing comparisons to sausage casing, unexpected, yet cool slant pockets, and without vents, it felt like my sartorial aspirations were realized. It's the perfect seasonless piece that I could own forever, or until the next life-changing black blazer comes my way and with this blazer currently in my closet, I don't see that happening for some time.

1 comment:

Eric R. Rickert said...

i've been searching for the perfect black blazer FOR LIKE EVER. you're right: a good (black) blazer is hard to find.

right now i'm using a tuxedo blazer but its falling apart. i have all other colors to perfection, but black continues to elude me.