Monday, November 19, 2007

"we are such dilettantes."

What happens when The Look-See, Bitch, Please, and Gold Digger wreak havoc in Cincinnati for a weekend bender of boozery, excess, inconvenient bowel movements, trashy cable television movies, boozery, and fine new threads? Something like this. Rough, I know. In the style of a book my first grade class wrote and illustrated, the weekend can be summed up in a manner of unfortunately, but fortunately statements.

Unfortunately Vinyl was closed but fortunately the prix fixe menu at Slim's was the culinary saving grace of the weekend. No joke:

Bitch, Please had the Citrus-braised pork belly, smoky fufu, and roasted root vegetables


Gold Digger noshed on the Cod, criolla sauce, gujerati style green beans, and shiitake mushrooms


I devoured the Smoked roasted tri-tip, colcannon, asparagus, and watercress cream

Five bottles of wine, a round of cocktails, and three Jager Bombs later, the night ended too soon for yours truly, but this kind of hedonism is exactly what vacations are for.

Unfortunately the Slim Sack at American Apparel fits like a pair of leggings on my athletic limbs, but fortunately the Tri-Blend Short Sleeve Leisure Shirt in Athletic Blue fits me like a dream and makes me feel like James Bond on the beach circa 1965.

Unfortunately the sale at Urban Outfitters was a bit of a bust, but fortunately I did managed to procure the purple heather BDG t-shirt (sorry no link because it's not available on the website) I've coveted for years that I thought went out of stock. This makes my tenth or so heather BDG t-shirt that I think I can now officially say is the most comfortable t-shirt.

Unfortunately the mammoth sized Party Source in Newport was closed but fortunately there's always next time.

Cincinnati, you are no longer so Cincinasty in my mind and Bitch, Please thanks for letting me crash on your futon (literally). Now back to studying for that damned GRE.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

anytime, good sir, anytime.

good luck tomorrow, and i'll see your ass this weekend!

diamond said...

golddigger/3 ate an animal?