Friday, October 24, 2008

the real me

How do we like? I figured new city, new look. I'm still tinkering with a few things, but check out the new tags section. I had no idea that all I think about is Milan Fashion Week, Movie Trailers, and Women I Love. Speaking of such women, I highly recommend checking out Mike Leigh's "Happy-Go-Lucky." It's an honest, funny, and ultimately moving film about the power of optimism in spite of the ugliness and cynicism that has become the cultural fog no one can seem to snap out of with the exception of star Sally Hawkins as Poppy, the effervescent and eternally happy school teacher. A film that opens with its heroine blissfully riding on a bike with the wind passing through her hair, perma-smile stretched across her face, and the eccentricity of a true independent soul gleaming from within is the perfect expression of freedom as true happiness. Hopefully we can all keep smiling and keep rowing as she so succinctly puts it at the film's end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://gothamist.com/2008/10/20/chanel_meets_central_park.php?gallery15536Pic=1#gallery

You have to go see this in Central Park, it is brilliant. I just moved to New York too.